Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. offers individual investors access to a premier portfolio of primarily Class-A office properties around the United States.
We believe we distinguish ourselves from other owners and operators of office properties in a number of important ways and enjoy significant competitive strengths, including the following:
• High-Quality Assets in Major U.S. Markets Owned at an Attractive Cost Basis. We look to invest in markets that exhibit a diverse industry base, attractive supply and demand ratios, and appeal to institutional real estate investors.
• High-Quality, Diverse Tenant Base and Portfolio. Our portfolio is leased primarily to large, high-credit-quality tenants, including federal government agencies and nationally recognized corporations and professional service firms, with significant long-term space requirements. We believe our diverse tenant base helps to minimize our exposure to economic fluctuations in any one industry or business sector or with respect to any single tenant.
• Access to Capital and Flexible Capital Structure. Our flexible capital structure allows us to capitalize on favorable acquisition and development opportunities and enables us to take advantage of other opportunities to maximize earnings and funds from operations ("FFO") per share.
• Proven, Disciplined Capital-Recycling Capabilities. We have a track record of completing a large volume of commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions and have demonstrated discipline and restraint in conducting such transactions.
• Experienced and Committed Management Team. Each member of our executive management team has over 20, and in many cases 30, years of commercial real estate and/or public company financial management experience.
• Strong Tenant Relationships. Through our tenant-focused approach, we foster strong relationships with our tenants’ corporate real estate executives and come to understand their long-term business needs, with the objective of becoming their preferred landlord.